Saturday, November 22, 2008

My last blog I was anticipating Indian Summer, Well we have had about 52 days of Indian summer.I hope Joe Indian had a good harvest and has gathered all his crops in for the approaching winter because it seems winter is here.The weather is colder than usual and we had our first snow yesterday.
I am reviewing my "Weather Wizard Diary" and it has proved to be a very enjoyable time.
Of the 52 days,I have described 41 of them as "beautiful days".To me beautiful is ,pleasant temperature,lot of sunshine especially at sunrise.very little rain .Foggy ,cloudy and very windy,and dismal rain ,is not beautiful.
The fall leaves show was somewhat short .The leaves turned ,quickly the last week of Oct,and peaked about the first week in Nov. The three days,Oct 30,31,and Nov 1 was proably the peak.A few days later we had a cool rainy spell and the leaves fell very quickly, {earlier than usual}
This Indian summer has contributed to the enjoyment of my walk/run each morning. The sun rises around 7 ;00 am thats when I am inthe middle of walking.There has been very little smog in the sky so the sunrise was brilliant. additonally,Grimes Park is located on a former footballfield .and one side is lined with hardswood tree, lots of leaves,and the other side gos through a grove of pine trees.{long needle pines}When the sun risees behind me and shines on the Maple and hardwood trees it isalmost breath taking then on the pine tree side the track is covered witha layer pine needles and the frost on the grass between the two sides ,just sparkles and glistens in the sunshine.-----very enjoyable run----
Since the leaves fell from the trees early and the weather was so nice i have finished the leaf raking chore early this year,
I saw a weather program that stated ,a mature hardwood tree has about 300,000 leaveson it.So I have 20 popular trees and 15 pine trees in my yard.I am glad that is finished
So much for Indian summer it waqs enjoyable - Now we are looking foward to "The Holidays and Winter Then a nice long walk up the beach at low tide about 7;00 am at Cherry Grove.
Good bye S.A.D.

1 comment:

Just Marianne said...

Well today is beautiful.........but cold! Almost any day at Cherrygrove is beautiful but today is spectacular! I just finished running all the way to the pier at about 10:20 am. The temp was 41 and winds from the north at 10 mph. Needless to say, I had a head wind but walking/running back was easier with the wind at my back! By the time I arrived at Fairway Oaks, I was hot and had ditched the hat, gloves and unzipped my jacket! ahhhhhh the sunshine on my face was marvelous! it did wonders for my SAD!

 
Made by Lena