Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another version of the 2009 Cooper River Bridge Run.

after two weeks of enjoying my "Fifteen minutes in The sun" or My glory of First place in My division., I can present my story of the run.
We had a four hour trip to Charlston S.C. and a quick nights sleep , up early and ready for the run at 8;00 am. I agree walking to the bus loading area was a warm up for the race..
Since I am a morning person the walk as enjoyable.being on the bus on the Bridge 200 feet in the air was thrilling especially looking east ward into the sunrise of a clear beautiful day, with delightful tempertures. Getting in line and at the proper place went well. and a short time to calm down was good. When the gun fired , starting the race all sy systems were GO. The earlier walk has warmed me up .and we were off to a good start,
Getting thirty six thousand racers across a bridge in Two hours does call for some crowded conditions and I had to be in crowded spot and took an unfortunate fall.I was quickly helped up by fellow racers. and checked myself over. Just a bunch of skinned knuckles and bruises. So I continuied on My Daughter thought I needed attention. so we approached a National gardsman for first aid. He had no first aid supplies but would call medics. Thats too time consuming.so on we went I wrapped a handkerchief around the scratches. Farther down the bridge we stopped at a water station and tried to cool down the scratches with cold water. Maybe helpful, Shortly mwe came to a first aid station ,they had gauze and tape and they and Marianne got me fixed up .By then my adreinlen had kicked in and when I asked the first aid attendents where to discard the use up handkerchief they pointed to a small pile of trash near by. I was so keyed up I almost ran over the pile of trash in my hurry to get back on the track. We continuied on to the finish line. We enjoyed the fruit and water and went back to the Motel to shower and enjoy the rest of theday.
We did enjoy T Bonz and a trip to the Shopping Market. Then continued on to Cherry Grove And the next day continued on back to our homes.
We did find out by way of the Internet that I was a winner in my division of the Cooper River Bridge Run. I was very Happy// and as I say There is a saying--Every body has their fifteen minutes inthe sun.= That was mine. I have enjoyed it.
But it was not done alone ..I am aware of a lot of support from others..
I am thankful for the support of my family and others.
I have been advised by my Drs to walk,run for health reasons
v My wife has encouraged me to run and keep myself in shape,
Marrianne and Jim have encouraged me to run. Marianne is my Coach. Jenni and Ben have been very Helpful They are both very active Robert And Linda have supported my walking and running activities And David and Terry have been complimentary to my accomplishments .David has running experience also.
My Fifteen Minutes In the Sun was helped by My Close Knit Family Thank You

No comments:

 
Made by Lena